We get it: you need flexibility to balance work and the rest of your life, especially your commitments to caring for others. Through New Ways of Working, you can take care of what — and who — matters most.
New PTO purchase program
- If you’re normally eligible for 5 or 6 weeks of PTO, you can purchase 3 or 5 days. **
- If you’re normally eligible for 3 or 4 weeks of PTO, you can purchase 3, 5 or 10 days. **
How it works
- You pay for purchased PTO through before-tax payroll deductions over the next calendar year at your current rate of pay. The amount you pay can change during the year as your salary changes.
- All regular, accrued PTO (Company-paid PTO), including any carryover, must be used before using purchased PTO.
- Purchased PTO cannot be carried over to the next year.
- If you do not use all of your purchased PTO by the end of the year, you will be refunded for your purchased PTO by your final paycheck in December.
- If your employment ends, any unused, purchased PTO will be paid out on your final paycheck.
NOTE: PTO purchase is available if you were hired by October 1, 2020. Otherwise, PTO purchase is not available in the year you are hired. You can only make changes during the Annual Enrollment period each year.
For more details, visit Rewards@Schneider.
* Does not apply to Oxford union.
** These will be noted as hours when purchasing in BenefitsLink. One day of purchased PTO equals 8 hours, regardless of the number of hours you are normally scheduled to work in a day.
Schneider Electric will celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day* by giving this as a paid day off to all U.S non-union employees, increasing to 12 total paid holidays each year. Refer to Rewards@Schneider for the 2021 holiday schedule.
*Does not apply to Oxford union.
IMPORTANT: Only available while you are in the U.S.Through Care@Work, Schneider Electric gives you:
- 5 days per year of Company-subsidized back-up child care, adult/elder care or pet care for last-minute emergencies when full-time care is not available, and
- A free care.com premium membership.
Back-up careWhen you need emergency care, you pay only $5 per hour for in-home care or $10 per day for care in a Care@Work center:
- Access centers or in-home providers that are care.com employees or from fully vetted partner agencies.
- Use your own personal network (such as a neighbor, family member, friend).
- Browse the large, national network of local caregivers or providers.
- Post a job describing your needs for housekeeping, pet sitting or child care.
- Set up interviews, access background check options and pay your providers through care.com.
- Access tools, articles, blogs, calculators to help make more informed hiring decisions.