What if I want to add dependents to my medical/dental or vision coverage?
Enroll your dependent(s) at se-benefitslink.com and submit the required documents to verify they are eligible by 5 p.m. Central time on November 11, 2021. You can do this either of two ways:
- Upload to BenefitsLink (preferred) — Log in to se-benefitslink.com > click Verify My Dependents tile. Upload your documents.
- Fax — Fax to PeopleLink at 859-372-2176. Include a cover sheet with the subject line “Dependent Documentation” along with your legal first and last name, SESA ID and phone number.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for your dependent documents to be reviewed. If you don’t submit acceptable documents, your dependent(s) won’t be covered. See Your 2022 Benefits Guide or visit se-benefitslink.com for the documents you need to submit.
What if I'm not eligible for a Health Savings Account?
You can enroll in either the GeoBlue CDHP (with no HSA) or the Core PPO option. Consider contributing to the Health Care FSA so you can pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses with before-tax dollars.
To be eligible for an HSA, you must be enrolled in a CDHP medical plan option; and must be a U.S. citizen, Green Card holder or H1-B visa holder with a U.S. residential address.
You cannot be:
- Covered by any medical plan that is not a consumer-directed health plan, including your spouse’s or domestic partner’s plan;
- Covered under a general FSA through your spouse’s or domestic partner’s plan (however, you may participate in a Limited-use Health Care FSA specifically for dental and vision expenses);
- Claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes;
- Enrolled in Medicare (including retroactive Medicare coverage);
- Covered by TriCare, TriCare for Life, or Medicaid; or
- The recipient of VA benefits within the last three months unless you have a disability rating from the VA.
What if I cover a domestic partner or their child, and their tax status has changed?
Complete and submit the “Certification of Tax Dependency” form to PeopleLink by 5 p.m. Central time, November 11, 2021.
What if I want to increase my Supplemental Life or Spouse Life coverage, or enroll after waiving coverage in the past?
You (and/or your spouse) will be required to show evidence of insurability — or proof of good health — if you enroll in or increase your Supplemental Life Insurance for yourself and/or your spouse.
Unum, the insurance carrier, will email a link to your Schneider Electric email address so you can complete your EOI form online. If you do not have a Schneider Electric email address, Unum will mail the EOI form to your home address. Call Unum if you don’t receive the form by January 1. Your new or increased coverage level and payroll deductions will begin after Unum approves your increased coverage.
What if I have a change in family status between now and the end of 2021?
If you experience an eligible change in status — such as marriage or birth of a child — between now and the end of the year, you will have to ensure that both your 2021 and 2022 elections are updated at se-benefitslink.com within 31 days of the event.
NOTE: If your change in status occurs during the Annual Enrollment period and you wish to update your 2021 benefit elections, you must first complete your status change event for 2021 and then complete your 2022 Annual Enrollment elections.