Important things to know about enrollment
Connecting to BenefitsLink
- If you are connected to the Schneider Electric network, click on the Single Sign On (SSO) link available on the Login page.
- If you are not connected to the network, enter your user ID and password.
- If you are new to the site click on the First Time Users link to create a unique user ID and password.
- If you need to reset your password, you’ll be asked to answer the security questions. If you can’t answer the security questions, a temporary password will be sent to your email address or mobile phone number in your BenefitsLink profile, if you have one. Otherwise it will be mailed to your home, which may take up to 10 days.
NOTE: Internet Explorer 11 does not support se-benefitslink.com. Be sure to use a supported browser (free, supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Safari).
- The elections you make will remain in place for the full year, unless you have a qualifying life event and make a new election within 31 days.
- The last changes you make online to your elections as of the close of the enrollment period will be considered your 2022 elections — regardless if you click “Complete Enrollment.”
Submitting documents for dependent coverage
- If you newly enroll a dependent or add a dependent who was previously removed from coverage because documentation was missing in your medical, dental or vision coverage, you must submit the required documentation to verify they are eligible by the Annual Enrollment deadline found in BenefitsLink. For new hires, you have 60 days from the initial date you add your dependent(s).
- Upload to BenefitsLink (preferred): Log in to se-benefitslink.com > click on Verify My Dependents. Upload your documents.
- Fax: Fax to PeopleLink at 859-372-2176. Include a cover sheet with the subject line “Dependent Documentation” along with your legal first and last names, SESA ID and phone number.
- Allow up to 2 weeks for your dependent documents to be reviewed. If you don’t submit acceptable documents, your dependent(s) will be removed from coverage.
Your 2022 coverage if you are a new hire and you don’t enroll
- Medical/Dental: GeoBlue CDHP + HSA + GeoBlue Dental; employee only; tobacco-user fee applies
- Vision and Legal Services Plan: No coverage
- Basic Life and AD&D: 2 times your base pay; Company paid
- Supplemental Life, Spouse Life, Supplemental AD&D and Child Life: No coverage
- Short-term Disability: 100% of base pay for first 4 weeks; 60% thereafter; Company paid
- Long-term Disability: Buy-up option (60% of base pay)
- Health Care FSA and Dependent (Day) Care FSA: No participation
- Health Savings Account (if eligible for HSA): Company contribution only
- Benefit Bucks: No participation
If you and your spouse or domestic partner both work at Schneider Electric…
- Working spouse/domestic partner fee: If your spouse or domestic partner is also a Schneider Electric employee eligible under the Schneider Electric Benefits Program for U.S. Employees, the working spouse/domestic partner fee no longer applies.
- Enrolling children: If you both choose to enroll in medical, dental or vision coverage as employees, only one of you may cover your dependent child(ren).
- Life insurance coverage: You may not purchase life insurance for your spouse or domestic partner if he/she also works at Schneider Electric. Only one of you may purchase life insurance for your child(ren).
If you and your child both work at Schneider Electric…
- If your child is under the age of 26, you may cover him or her under your medical, dental and vision coverage or they may enroll in coverage for themselves, but the child cannot be enrolled as both an employee and child under the plans.
- For life insurance, your child cannot be enrolled in both Basic Life as an employee and Child Life as a child; therefore, in this case you may not enroll your child in Child Life.
Health Care FSA in 2021 and CDHP + HSA in 2022?
If you elected a Health Care FSA in 2021 and enroll in a CDHP + HSA option for 2022, the balance in your FSA must be zero by December 31, 2021 for HSA contributions to begin in January. Otherwise, neither you nor the Company can contribute to your HSA until April 2022.