Life and AD&D insurance provides you with financial protection in the event of a death or accident. The Company provides Basic coverage up to $3 million. You can purchase additional coverage for yourself, up to a separate $3 million. You can also purchase coverage for your spouse/domestic partner and children. Here’s an overview of your coverage options.
Life and AD&D options
|Coverage options||Coverage level|
|Basic Life and AD&D (Company-paid)||2 times your base pay up to $3 million (rounded up to the next $1,000)|
|Supplemental Life Insurance1||Up to 8 times your base pay2|
|Supplemental AD&D Insurance||Up to 8 times your base pay2|
|Spouse Life Insurance1||$5,000 to $500,000 coverage (in $5,000 increments), up to the combined amount of your Basic Life plus your Supplemental Life coverage|
|Child Life Insurance
(Your child must be under the age of 19, or up to age 25 if a full-time student.)
|$5,000 or $10,000 for each covered dependent child|
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) may be required. If you are a new hire, you may elect Supplemental Life Insurance up to 3 times your base pay up to $500,000 or Spouse Life Insurance up to $50,000 without being required to complete EOI. If you are a current employee, any new Supplemental Life Insurance coverage amounts up to $3 million will require EOI.
- If your base pay changes during the year, your Supplemental Life and/or AD&D cost and coverage amount will change accordingly.
Cost of coverage
Your cost of coverage is based on the following:
- Age as of January 1, 2024
- Your base pay (for Supplemental Life and AD&D coverages)
- Your coverage amount
- Your or your spouse/domestic partner’s tobacco use
Evidence of insurability (EOI)
You (and/or your spouse) may be required to show evidence of insurability — or proof of good health — if you enroll in or increase your Supplemental Life Insurance for yourself and/or your spouse.
Providing evidence of insurability (EOI)
Unum, the insurance carrier, will send an email to your Schneider email address with a link for you to complete your EOI form online. If you do not have a Schneider Electric email address, before January 1 Unum will mail an EOI form to your home address.3 Your new or increased coverage level will not become effective until after Unum approves your increased coverage. Your new payroll deductions will begin shortly after your EOI is approved.
3. Call Unum if you don’t receive the form (timing differs if you are newly hired).