Schneider Electric offers you a vision plan, administered by EyeMed, that provides coverage for a vision exam, corrective lenses and frames each year. If you choose to enroll in the vision plan, you pay 100% of the cost of coverage.
The vision plan features a network of nationwide participating providers. You can go out-of-network and then get reimbursed for up to the allowance amount. Visit eyemed.com or download the EyeMed mobile app.
See the chart below for a summary of the vision plan coverage.
Vision plan summary
|Frequency of coverage||Exam, lenses and frames once every calendar year (resetting in January of every year)|
|You pay copayments/Plan pays up to the allowance below, you pay the rest|
|Exams||$10 copayment||Up to $60 allowance|
|Lenses (standard plastic)||$15 copayment unless progressive lenses, then $70 to $190 copayment||$50 to $90 allowance depending on lens type|
|Frames||20% off balance over $200 frame allowance||Up to $140 allowance|
|Contacts (materials only; in lieu of lenses)||Conventional: 15% off balance over $200 allowance||Up to $200 allowance|
|Disposable: up to $200 allowance|
|Medically necessary: $0 (paid in full)||Up to $210 allowance|
|Contact lens fitting||Standard: Up to $40 copayment||Not covered|
|Premium: 10% off retail price||Not covered|
* Coverage allows for one pair of eyeglasses or contacts each year, but not both.
Vision care discounts
EyeMed: Additional benefits include:
- 40% off second pair of glasses through an in-network provider
- For Lasik surgery, special everyday pricing or 5% off promotional prices through network providers
- $50 off $200 or $20 off any non-prescription sunglasses from Sunglass Hut
- Temporary eyewear and support outside of the U.S. through International Travel Solutions
BCBSIL: If you enroll in the medical plan, you have access to vision care discounts through BCBSIL. To review the vision discounts provided under Blue365 — including LasikPlus, log in to bcbsil.com > Member Discounts Program. Go to Rewards@Schneider to learn more.