What if I want to add dependents to my medical, dental or vision coverage?
Enroll your dependent(s) at se-benefitslink.com and submit the required documents to verify they are eligible by 5 p.m. Central time on November 14, 2019. You can do this either of two ways:
- Upload to BenefitsLink (preferred) — Log in to
se-benefitslink.com> click Verify My Dependents tile. Upload your documents.
- Fax — Fax to PeopleLink at 859-372-2176. Include a cover sheet with the subject line “Dependent Documentation” along with your legal first and last name, SESA ID and phone number.
Please allow up to 2 weeks for your dependent documents to be reviewed. If you don’t submit acceptable documents, your dependent(s) won’t be covered. See Your 2020 Benefits Guide or visit
What if I'm not eligible for a Health Savings Account?
You can enroll in either the Buy-up CDHP (with no HSA) or the Core PPO option. Consider contributing to the Health Care FSA so you can pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care expenses with before-tax dollars.
To be eligible for an HSA, you must be enrolled in a CDHP medical plan option; and must be a U.S. citizen, Green Card holder or H1-B visa holder with a U.S. residential address.
You cannot be:
- Covered by any medical plan that is not a consumer-directed health plan, including your spouse’s or domestic partner’s plan;
- Covered under a general FSA through your spouse’s or domestic partner’s plan (however, you may participate in a Limited-use Health Care FSA specifically for dental and vision expenses);
- Claimed as a dependent on someone else’s taxes;
- Enrolled in Medicare (including retroactive Medicare coverage);
- Covered by TriCare or Medicaid; or
- The recipient of VA benefits within the last three months.
What if I cover a domestic partner or his or her child, and their tax status has changed?
Complete and submit the “Certification of Tax Dependency” form to PeopleLink by 5 p.m. Central time, November 14, 2019.
What if I want to increase my Supplemental Life or Spouse Life coverage, or enroll after waiving coverage in the past?
SPECIAL FOR 2020! During Annual Enrollment, you can make the following Supplemental Life elections without providing proof of good health (also known as evidence of insurability, or EOI):
- Elect 1 times base pay if you aren’t currently enrolled
- Increase coverage by 1 times base pay, up to the lesser of 3 times base pay or $500,000
NOTE: If you were previously denied increased life insurance due to EOI, you are not eligible for this offer. You’ll need to provide UNUM with evidence of insurability (proof of good health) before coverage will be approved if you wish to increase your Spouse Life (any amount) or Supplemental Life (above 3 times base pay or $500,000). You must be actively at work for any increase in coverage to take effect. If you have a Schneider Electric email address, UNUM will email you a link to complete your EOI form online. If you do not have a Schneider Electric email address, the form will be mailed to your home.
What if I have a change in family status between now and the end of 2019?
If you experience an eligible change in status — such as marriage or birth of a child — between now and the end of the year, you will have to ensure that both your 2019 and 2020 elections are updated at
NOTE: If your change in status occurs during the Annual Enrollment period and you wish to update your 2019 benefit elections, you must first complete your status change event for 2019 and then complete your 2020 Annual Enrollment elections.