Your enrollment checklist
- Review this benefits guide for an overview of your benefit options for 2020, instructions to enroll and costs for coverage.
- Visit ALEX, your personalized, virtual benefits expert. ALEX® is an online tool that will help you select the best value benefit plan for you and your family. ALEX will ask you a few questions about your health care needs, crunch some numbers and point out the plans that make the most sense for you.
Go to myalex.com/schneider-electric/2020 or se-benefitslink.com > click on ALEX 2020.
- Talk to a My Secure Advantage (MSA) money coach to review the pros and cons and ins and outs of your benefit options to give you confidence in your ultimate decisions at 888-724-2326.
- Find these resources at BenefitsLink at se-benefitslink.com:
- Cost estimators from Tools & Resources > Tools: Estimate your health savings and flexible spending account expenses, life insurance, and disability coverage needs.
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage (SBC).
- Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs) at Tools & Resources > Schneider Electric Health & Welfare SPD.
- Ask PeopleLink. Call 877-248-2998 or open a support@Schneider service ticket.
- Visit support@Schneider for your online, on-demand resource for questions about benefits or other Human Resources processes, programs or services — at enrollment or anytime during the year. Visit support@Schneider.
Access the enrollment site.
- Go to BenefitsLink at
- Click on Enroll in Your Benefits.
- Enter a valid mobile number and email address to ensure you receive timely benefit notifications and information.
Review your dependents.
- Remove any dependents you no longer want to cover, including those who are no longer eligible.
- If you newly enroll a dependent in your medical, dental or vision coverage, you must submit the required documentation to verify they are eligible:
- For new hires, within 60 days from the initial date you add your dependent(s).
Answer the tobacco status questions for medical and life insurance.
Answer these questions for yourself and any dependents you intend to cover. If you do not complete these questions, or if you use tobacco and/or smoke products, you will pay:
- Tobacco-user fee of $50 per month for medical coverage, and
- Tobacco-user rates for Employee Supplemental Life and Spouse/Domestic Partner Life Insurance, if elected. You can avoid the fee/higher costs if you use tobacco and/or smoke products but enroll in the Quit For Life® Program.
Answer the spouse/domestic partner medical coverage questions.
If you choose to cover your spouse/domestic partner who has coverage available through their own employer, or you don’t indicate whether your spouse/domestic partner is eligible for medical coverage through their own employer, you will pay a $75 monthly fee in addition to the cost for your medical coverage level.
Answer the Health Savings Account (HSA) eligibility questions.
Whether you are eligible to participate in an HSA determines your medical options.
Carefully review and complete your benefit elections for 2020.
- If you elect a CDHP + HSA option, you must elect a contribution amount for your HSA contributions to begin January 1, 2020. However, you can add, stop or make changes to your HSA election anytime during the year.
- You must elect a contribution amount for the Health Care/ Limited Use Health Care and Dependent (Day) Care Flexible Spending Accounts if you wish to participate in 2020.
Confirm your elections.
Print your final benefit summary. A confirmation statement will also be sent to your BenefitsLink mailbox.
Confirm your payroll deductions.
Compare your deductions on your first 2020 paycheck to the deductions on your benefit summary. If the deductions do not match, contact PeopleLink immediately to report the difference.