As of January 1, 2020, your Schneider Electric medical coverage includes Health Advocacy Solutions, a new Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois (BCBSIL) concierge service, to help you navigate health care decisions while saving you time and money.
What does this mean?
The first notable change is you now have one phone number,
Health advocates will:
- Facilitate prior authorizations for services under the medical plan. If you require an authorization for certain services (MRIs, CT scans, surgeries, etc.), a health advocate can facilitate the authorization for you. IMPORTANT: Typically your provider will take care of this for you, but it is your responsibility to connect with a health advocate before receiving care. If this step is not completed, your procedure may not be covered.
- Help you compare costs and find high-quality, low-cost providers for medical tests and procedures, giving you the potential to earn a cash reward (called member rewards).
- Help coordinate your behavioral health care and benefits for outpatient care to treat issues like anxiety, depression or addiction.
Other programs and features of Health Advocacy Solutions include:
- Digital Member Health Hub. Log in to myhealth.myevive.com or use the MyEvive app as a one-stop resource for everything related to your health:
- Review medical, prescription drug and dental benefits.
- View claims and benefit coverage details, and receive personalized health reminders.
- Find information about resources like Naturally Slim.
- Digital physical therapy (PT). If you suffer from chronic back, hip or knee pain, take advantage of this digital physical therapy program with a live coach from Hinge Health. Get started at hingehealth.com/schneider20.
- Oncology Navigator. If you or a family member is facing cancer, trained navigators will help guide you to the right care and support.
- Special Beginnings. Get support for high-risk pregnancies.
- BCBSIL Cost Estimator Tool. This tool lets you compare charges for more than 1,500 procedures, treatments and tests — and estimate your out-of-pocket expenses based on your medical plan option. Log in at bcbsil.com > Provider Finder.
- ConsumerMedical. Whether you need help finding a specialist, getting a second opinion or understanding your diagnosis and treatment options, ConsumerMedical can help make sure you get the best care — all at no extra cost to you. Go to myconsumermedical.com company code: Schneider or the ConsumerMedical app: MyMedicalAlly, or call
- MDLIVE. If you enroll in medical coverage, consider using MDLIVE for virtual office visits. These can save you money when you’re in need of care for non-emergency medical conditions and pediatric care, especially if you have CDHP coverage. Connect with a board-certified doctor for non-emergency medical conditions or pediatric care by secure video, phone or email. Go to www.mdlive.com/bcbsil or the MDLIVE mobile app or call 877-557-3417.