Your Schneider Electric disability benefits protect you financially if you are unable to work because of a covered illness or injury.
Short-term disability (STD)
STD provides income protection if you become disabled and are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury for up to 26 weeks.
- If you are approved, you receive Company-paid STD coverage of:
- 100% of your base pay for 4 weeks
- 60% of your base pay thereafter
- You may buy additional coverage* of 10%, for total STD coverage of 70% of your base pay, following the first 4 weeks. The monthly rate for STD coverage (per $100 of monthly base pay) is listed on rates and fees. For your Buy-up option’s actual pre-tax cost, go to se-benefitslink.com.
There is no maximum weekly STD benefit.
* Due to state law, employees who work in New Jersey will automatically receive the STD Buy-up coverage level Company paid. If you work in New Jersey, your option will be reflected on se-benefitslink.com.
State disability plans
If you work in California, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico or Rhode Island, which provide state disability plans, the Schneider Electric disability benefit will be reduced by the amount you receive from the state disability plan. Consider whether the state disability plan meets your needs or if the cost of electing the Buy-up option is worth the additional benefit you may receive.
Long-term disability (LTD)
LTD coverage ensures a source of continuing income for disability claims lasting longer than 26 weeks.
- You receive Company-paid LTD coverage of 50% of your base pay, up to a $12,500 maximum monthly benefit.
- You may buy additional LTD Buy-up coverage of 10%, for a total LTD coverage of 60% of your base pay, up to an $18,000 maximum monthly benefit.
As a new employee, you’ll be enrolled automatically in the Buy-up option for LTD (60% of your base pay). You can elect the Company-paid option (50% of your base pay) instead of Buy-up, but you will be required to provide proof of good health if you later decide to elect the Buy-up option.
Payment of LTD benefits is subject to approval by MetLife. The monthly rate for LTD coverage (per $100 of monthly base pay) is listed on rates and fees. For your Buy-up option’s actual pre-tax cost, go to se-benefitslink.com.