Before you enroll
- Review this benefits guide for an overview of your benefit options for 2023, instructions to enroll, information on how to use the Company-provided Benefit Bucks and costs for coverage.
- Could your health plan be saving you more money? Review your 2023 benefit options with ALEX®, your personalized benefits counselor. Of course, only you can make the best benefit elections for you and your family, but ALEX can help you evaluate benefits that provide the best value and offers easy-to-understand explanations to your questions. Access ALEX at myalex.com/se/home.
- Schedule an appointment with a My Secure Advantage (MSA) money coach to review the pros and cons and ins and outs of your benefit options to give you confidence in your ultimate decisions. Search MSA on Rewards@Schneider to learn more.
- Visit Rewards@Schneider — during enrollment or anytime during the year — to find details on your benefits and other helpful resources.
- Access BenefitsLink (the enrollment site) at se-benefitslink.com if you are a new hire or to apply Benefit Bucks to a benefit or fund your Life Planning Account | change your current coverage | add or remove a dependent | elect a new benefit for 2023 | enroll (or re-enroll) in an FSA, HSA, PTO Purchase Program and/or Recharge Break Program | change your responses to fee questions.
- Double check your dependents to make sure the right family members have the necessary coverage and are eligible dependents.
- Review your life insurance beneficiary designations, and complete your life insurance evidence of insurability (EOI) on receipt from Unum if you added or requested an increase for Supplemental Life Insurance.
- Add your mobile phone number and/or email address and select paperless in your profile at se-benefitslink.com to ensure you receive timely benefit notifications and information in a sustainable way.
- Confirm your elections. Save (or print) your final benefit summary. A confirmation statement will also be sent to your BenefitsLink mailbox.
After you enroll
- Submit documents to verify your dependent’s eligibility. See the documents you need to submit.
- Compare your deductions on your first paycheck to the deductions on your benefit summary. If the deductions do not match, contact PeopleLink immediately to report the difference.
New hires: Answer the pre-enrollment questions
Tobacco status questions for medical and life insurance
Answer these questions for yourself and any dependents you intend to cover. If you do not complete these questions, or if you use tobacco and/or smoke products, you will pay:
- Tobacco-user fee of $50 per month for medical coverage, and
- Tobacco-user rates for Employee Supplemental Life and Spouse/Domestic Partner Life Insurance, if elected.
You can avoid the fee/higher costs if you use tobacco and/or smoke products but enroll in the free, Company-provided, Quit For Life® Program.
Spouse/domestic partner medical coverage questions
If you choose to cover your spouse/domestic partner who has coverage available through their own employer, or you don’t indicate whether your spouse/domestic partner is eligible for medical coverage through their own employer, you will pay a $75 monthly fee in addition to the cost for your medical coverage level.
Health Savings Account (HSA) eligibility questions
Whether you are eligible to participate in the HSA determines the medical options you may enroll in.