Schneider Electric has partnered with GeoBlue to provide medical, prescription drug and dental coverage to our U.S. expats working abroad. GeoBlue makes it easier to find the care you need during your international assignment without creating extra work for you. GeoBlue is provided in partnership through the Blue Cross Blue Shield Global Expat™ program.
Schneider Electric offers you two options to choose from, or you can decline medical coverage:
- GeoBlue Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) + HSA1
- GeoBlue Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
When you elect medical benefits, you’ll automatically receive dental benefits at the same coverage tier. For example, if you elect employee + spouse for medical, you will be automatically enrolled in employee + spouse for dental. For information on prescription drug networks, see Is your provider in the network below.
1. You must meet certain eligibility requirements to make or receive contributions to an HSA, including the Company contribution. If you are not eligible for an HSA, you can enroll in the GeoBlue CDHP option with no HSA. See HSA and the SPD for more details.
Learn about your plan options.
Both options cover the same features, including:
- Free, in-network preventive care such as annual physicals, wellness exams, cancer screenings and immunizations;
- The same GeoBlue network of providers through Bupa; and
- Prescription drug coverage.
Below are some key differences for you to consider.
GeoBlue CDHP + HSA option
The CDHP + HSA option has a lower employee contribution per pay period but a higher annual deductible than the traditional PPO option. The CDHP + HSA option can save you money on health care, plus you receive a company HSA contribution:
- Health Savings Account (HSA)2, lets you pay for eligible health care expenses with tax-free money. Schneider Electric contributes to your HSA to help offset the deductible — that’s free money for you.
- Lower costs from your paycheck. Consider contributing to your HSA the difference in your cost for medical coverage between the PPO and the CDHP option to use toward the higher deductible or to save and invest in your HSA.
- Choice. The HSA empowers you to decide when to use your money: now or save it for later.
2. You must meet certain eligibility requirements to make or receive contributions to an HSA, including the Company contribution. If you are not eligible for an HSA, you can enroll in the GeoBlue CDHP option with no HSA. See HSA and the SPD for more details.
GeoBlue PPO option
The GeoBlue PPO option has higher employee contributions per pay period but a lower annual deductible than the CDHP + HSA option. And since this option doesn’t qualify for an HSA, you will not receive a Company HSA contribution.
Meeting the deductible
The way you meet your deductible varies by plan option.
In the GeoBlue PPO…
- Once one person’s claims reach the single deductible amount, that person can then begin receiving benefits and just pay the coinsurance amount.
- Once one person reaches the single out-of-pocket maximum, the plan will pay 100% for that person for the remainder of that calendar year.
In the GeoBlue CDHP + HSA…
- All of the family’s eligible expenses added together must reach the family deductible amount before paying coinsurance for any family member.
- All of the family’s eligible expenses added together must reach the family out-of-pocket maximum before the plan will pay 100% for any family member for the remainder of that calendar year.
- The family deductible and/or family out-of-pocket maximum can be met by one family member or a combination of family members.
Through your GeoBlue medical coverage you also get:
- Access to the member hub and mobile app, including the global provider search tool
- Dedicated account team to help with any questions or claims issues
- 24/7/365 customer service support
- Language assistance/translator services
- Information about prescription drug equivalents
- Access to global health and safety tools
- Informed Choice consultation for second opinions. Find information on the Informed Choice section of the Member Hub at geo-blue.com or in the GeoBlue app
- Global TeleMED™ network of doctors providing 24/7 non-emergency medical consultations through virtual appointments. To get information and register, go to the Global TeleMD app
Is your provider in the network?
The GeoBlue provider network is through Bupa. Bupa provides access to a robust network of quality providers to ensure you and your family will receive the best care. The Bupa network gives you access to more than 1.7 million providers worldwide including over 95% of physicians and hospitals internationally at negotiated discounts. When you use network providers, your provider will be paid directly for services – you don’t have to file claims for reimbursement.
If you use a provider outside of your network, you will have to pay out of pocket for treatment and submit a claim for reimbursement. And your claim will be subject to an out-of-network deductible and out-of-pocket maximum.
Medical care outside the U.S.
To find a nearby doctor or facility, go to geo-blue.com > Member Hub > Find Doctors and Hospitals Outside the U.S. or select the Global Provider Search tool in the GeoBlue member app.
Medical care inside the U.S.
Because GeoBlue is a partner with Blue Cross Blue Shield Global, you’ll still have access to the BCBS broad national PPO network of providers while you are in the U.S. during your assignment. To find a nearby doctor or facility, go to geo-blue.com> Member Hub > Find Doctors and Hospitals Inside the U.S. or select the Global Provider Search tool in the GeoBlue member app.
To locate a pharmacy, go to geo-blue.com> Member Hub > Coverage & Benefits > Prescription Benefits.
Mail order pharmacy program
Outside the U.S. through EPS (Expatriate Prescription Services), you can receive convenient reliable delivery of your medicine to over 160 countries worldwide. To use the mail order program, you or your doctor can:
- Complete the online order form at expatps.com,
- Email your prescription request to firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Call +1-540-777-1450 (8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. ET, U.S.), or
- Fax prescription details to +1-540-777-7184.
When you’re in the U.S., you can choose to have your prescriptions delivered conveniently to your home with the Universal Rx Envision Pharmacies mail order program:
- Go to envisionpharmacies.com/mail,
- Call 888-773-6380 24/7, or
- Fax prescription details to 866-909-5171.
With your GeoBlue coverage, you have two ID cards:
- The blue card is for care outside the U.S., and
- The white card is for care inside the U.S.
If you enroll for the first time, you’ll receive them in the mail to your address on file with BenefitsLink (which will then be forwarded to your international address). Or you can access your cards through the GeoBlue app or at geo-blue.com starting in January.
Comparing medical options
- For deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums and other plan maximums, dollar and occurrence limits across U.S. participating, international and U.S. non-participating providers are added together to meet the specific deductible, out-of-pocket maximum or other plan maximums.
- The out-of-pocket maximum includes expenses paid toward your deductible, as well as medical and prescription drug copayments and coinsurance amounts.
- The coinsurance is calculated based on the allowed amount under the medical plan. For out-of-network care, you may be responsible for any amount billed in excess of the allowed amount.